Federal Directorate of Education (FDE), Islamabad was established as an attached department of Ministry of Education in 1967 for providing educational facilities at various levels in ICT. Upon devolution of the MoE, Federal Directorate of Education started working as attached department of Capital Administration & Development Division (CA&DD) since April 2011. The status of CA&DD was changed to Ministry of Capital Administration & Development in May 2012. The new government formed after General Election 2013, the MoCA&D was again changed to Capital Administration and Development Division w.e.f June 2013.
FDE endeavors to provide a conducive environment of teaching and learning with a focus on academic excellence, surging desire for knowledge, attitudinal change including tolerance and compassion, developing a sense of purpose and high achievement with the vision for tomorrow.
- Tap innate potential of our students.
- Nurture core values with due regard to our socio-cultural moorings.
- Develop dynamic and productive Pakistanis capable of competing in the evolving international scenario.
- Inculcate the spirit of community service (through Scouting and Girl Guiding).
Functions of FDE
- In-service Teachers’ Training
- Uni – system of Education
- Introduction of IT Education at various levels
- English Teachers for Primary Classes
- Institution of Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Promulgation of Education Code
- Free Text Books