Federal Directorate of Education (FDE), Islamabad was established as an attached department of Ministry of Education in 1967 for providing educational facilities at various levels in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT). It is now working under the administrative control of FE&PT.
- Administration of 432 Federal Govt. Educational Institutes in ICT
- Providing educational services to over 243,000 students from prep to post-graduate level.
- HR management of more than 13,000 Employees
- In-service training /capacity building
- Supervision & promotion of academic and co-curricular activities.
- Planning & Development of new schemes / educational institutions
- Financial management & audit of educational institutions.
- Security of all educational institutions and FDE H/Q